Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Floored.... Are You?

When I moved back home after college, I knew it was time for a bedroom overhaul. I had recently moved to a larger bedroom a few semesters back, but was living in the bubble gum pink (thanks Grams) decor since. The carpet, the walls, the blinds. EVERYTHING.

While Mom was reluctant to foot the bill for new hardwood floors to match the rest of the house, we knew it was time to rip up the rug. We knew that lurking underneath the pink was horrid fake wood-looking linoleum. Underneath that - cement. We figured we'd work with the linoleum.

I love painted floors... but on linoleum? Soooo many people doubted us and our "crazy" idea... but we had a good feeling about it.

First, let me jump right to the before and after pictures (that's the best part, isn't it?), and then I'll get down to the nitty gritty.

(sadly I couldn't find a pic in all of her pink glory.. but I will keep searching!)

BEFORE


... after we took out 1 million staples and nails.


DURING

...lookin' better already! (notice the new gray/blue wall color)


AFTER

Ooo la la! So there you have it. A fab new look, and all it took was a couple gallons of paint, a new rug, and a full wall of curtains (which we had stored away somewhere.. gotta love found treasures). Of course, the room isn't totallyyyy complete yet. Time to focus on the accessories of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment